Just.game is a project with pioneering technology that has created a type of precursor to artificial intelligence. This technology provides an entertainment service as a function, and that entertainment is the primary method of engagement with participants. This A.I. is entirely powered by and running on the blockchain and cannot be modified or stopped by anyone.
This is not a form of gambling or investment, and this is not an exchange. This is at its core an elaborate psychological and economic experiment; one that is as much educational as it is entertaining.
👉 To understand the broader philosophy and concepts powering this experiment, be sure to check out the Just.game Official Whitepaper. For an understanding of game mechanics, continue reading below or check out the in-game help content directly on the Just.game site.
1.1 Secure and Immutable
This project is developed by the same team that created Fomo3D, and have cumulatively handled close to 1 billion dollars worth of cryptocurrency through their projects. You can expect that security is their top priority, as demonstrated with their solid track record on previous projects.
In addition, the project is entirely powered by the TRON blockchain and has been setup to be entirely immutable and unchanging. The code deployed is law. There is no chance of any code/rules being changed, it's enshrined onto the chain. All game decisions are delegated to actions by the player
There are no human administrators to this game, there is literally no one that has the ability to affect any core aspect of the project or its rules once deployed and running.
1.2 Dedicated to Honesty
Just.game will completely and exactly promise you only what it can actually guarantee. It will ensure that you are never given incorrect information about what it knows, and will strive to ensure the most generous result for every player participating.
A massive advantage this has over human-managed projects is that Just.game is mathematically designed to be incapable of going insolvent. We know that honesty and complete information allows you to make the best decision as a player.
1.3 What is this exactly?
This is a unique economic, social, and psychological experiment, unlike anything you've played before. The experiment takes place directly on the blockchain, and the conditions and rules of said experiment cannot be modified or stopped by anyone once started.
Participating in this experiment is simple, you only need to visit the Just.game site and begin interacting with our pre-cursor A.I. Her name is C.U.R.V.Y and she is looking forward to meeting you.
2.1 Mechanics Overview
At a high level, this is a unique experiment which works in the following way:
- At any given point, a critical timer is counting down towards zero
- Players receive giftboxes for sending funds, and this increases a reboot prize
- All giftboxes receive royalties from all future revenue once created until the time they are opened
- When a player purchases a giftbox or opens up existing giftboxes, the timer is extended by a fixed amount
- When the timer reaches zero, the round ends, and all giftboxes are opened for their current value
- The last 100 players to purchase a giftbox before the timer reaches zero evenly split the reboot prize with the very final purchaser receiving an added leader bonus
- Once the reboot prize has been awarded and the current round ends, the whole process begins again with a new round and a reboot prize rolled over from the previous round
There are several additional gameplay mechanics during each round. In brief:
- Automatic Upgrades - Players can opt to auto-reinvest their giftboxes automatically to receive more giftboxes, increase the timer and bump themselves back to the top 100
- Promotion and Advertising - Promoters receive a dynamic percentage of all revenue directly or indirectly brought into the game
- Loyalty - Players get awarded with loyalty for each set of boxes they acquire, giving them extra buying power in future rounds
- The Glitch - Players with unopened boxes get rewarded at specific points in a round when the timer has dropped low enough to reach certain thresholds
The sections below explore each game mechanic in more detail.
2.2 Player-initiated Actions
While the project has many interesting mechanics and rules at play to engage users and expand the userbase, the actions you can take as an individual player at any time during the round are the following:
- Acquire new giftboxes - Acquire giftboxes at a certain price per giftbox. Every giftbox accumulates in value for every additional giftbox created in the game, from the moment that it is acquired. Giftboxes only ever increase in value.
- Open giftboxes - Choose to open their current giftboxes, in which case the player gets 2x the current box value, sent from the game, directly to the player. After this point, the giftbox is destroyed.
- Re-invest current giftboxes - Choose to re-invest their current giftboxes for twice their giftboxes current value, as newly purchased boxes. Reinvesting does not destroy a player’s existing boxes.
- Toggle automatic giftbox upgrades - Choose to toggle automatic upgrades on giftboxes, from which point, anytime a new giftbox can be purchased based on the value from existing giftboxes, the value inside is used to purchase additional giftboxes but without destroying the player’s current box count.
While these actions are what a user can do at any time, a major challenge is knowing which strategy to use at what time, and how to interact with the system in a way that most benefits you as the player. There are many, many ways to play.
2.3 Gift Boxes
Giftboxes are purchased by players and receive a share of all future revenue starting at the time of creation by a player:
- Players purchase giftboxes which represent shares in the future incoming revenue
- Giftboxes are shares in the pool that can only ever increase in value
- Giftboxes will become discounted as the timer reaches lower thresholds, after each "glitch" (explained later)
- Each box you purchase starts empty and increases in value with royalties based on incoming revenue and the total number of boxes in distribution
- Every new giftbox acquired in the game increases the value of every other unopened giftbox that's been issued
- Players can open their giftbox anytime, withdrawing their value at the time of being opened, but no longer accrue royalties
- Opening your giftbox early (i.e. before the round ends) gives you 2x its value at the time of opening
Giftbox purchases increase the game's timelock too! Every box purchased adds 30 seconds to the timelock, with a 120 second add-on. So, 2 boxes purchased would increase the timer by 3 minutes whereas 6 boxes increase the timer by 5 minutes.
🎥 Prefer to watch? Check out this video explainer on Giftboxes by user
Giftboxes (Container) vs Royalties (Value)
One important mechanic to understand is that giftboxes are containers accumulating royalties (value) which can only ever increase over time. To understand the game, make sure to separate the giftbox (container) from the royalties contained inside.
When re-investing your current giftboxes, as explained below, the value within your giftboxes is reset to zero but your total giftbox count continues to increase. For example, suppose you have 2 giftboxes with 25 trx of value each. If you open them up, you will now have 100 trx and 0 giftboxes, and then you could use that 100 trx to purchase 4 new boxes.
However, if you were to reinvest the giftboxes instead, you would still have 2 giftboxes (as you did previously, with value reset) as well as 4 additional ones for a total of 6 giftboxes.
- Boxes can be purchased for trx, and become cheaper as the round progresses
- You must purchase at least 1 box, and can buy up to as many as you want
- Each purchase increases the timelock by 30 seconds per box, or 120 seconds, whichever is higher (120 seconds is the minimum time added per any purchase)
- The value within your boxes increases in relation to how many boxes currently exist
- The value within your boxes can never decrease
- A player can re-invest their existing giftboxes to purchase more giftboxes at any time.
- A player who has value reinvested, gets twice the total amount they have in current giftboxes value in newly purchased boxes, while also keeping the existing boxes they already own
- Reinvest applies all the same rules as when a player purchases a box.
- The value contained in the boxes is fully used up during this action.
- Reinvesting does not destroy a player’s current box count
Opening Giftboxes Early
- When boxes are opened early, the player gets 2x the current box value, sent from the game, to where they withdrew to.
- All opened boxes are destroyed when opened, and the total number of boxes in existence decreases. All other remaining unopened boxes earn more.
- Each opened box increases the timelock by 30 seconds
The game is centered on a critical timer (decentralized timelock) which is continuously counting down towards zero, but players can increase the timer by acquired giftboxes or opening up a giftbox:
- A timer is counting down to zero, starting at 12 hours at the start of each round
- Every time a player purchases giftboxes, the timer increases by 30 seconds for each box claimed
- Every time a giftbox is opened, the timer increases by a fixed amount
- When the timer reaches zero, the last 100 players to purchase giftboxes each receive 1% of the reboot prize
- A % of reboot prize from the previous round is rolled over into the next round
- The timelock is hard-capped at 12 hours, and the timer can never exceed this value
- The reboot prize is shared evenly between the last 100 players who purchased boxes once the timer reaches zero and the round ends
- The game is designed to naturally grow bigger and bigger over time
- The value of the reboot prize accumulates over time, as more players acquire giftboxes in that round
- The very final player to interact before the timer reaches zero receives a special additional leader bonus
Reboot and the End of the Round
- At end of round, players get their current box value placed into the vault, a safe storage that they can withdraw into their wallet manually anytime.
- All existing boxes are destroyed
- When the timelock hits 0, the last 100 players who purchased giftboxes each receive an even share of reboot prize
- The most recent player to acquire a box also gets a small leader bonus
2.5 Automatic Upgrades
Players can enable an automatic upgrading option at any time which causes new giftboxes to be purchased for them anytime their current giftboxes contain enough value to do so:
- Players can choose to opt-in to automatically compound re-invest their giftboxes
- Whenever one or more giftboxes can be purchased, twice (2x) the total value inside their existing giftboxes are used to purchase more boxes, without destroying the ones they already hold
- Every time a player re-invests, they automatically re-enter the top 100, and re-qualify for the prize at the end of the round
- This automatic upgrade is free and can be switched on or off at any time
Mining Other Player's Upgrades
Players can run special software to get rewarded with bonuses as they execute automatic upgrade actions for other players:
- Players (aka "Miners") can run a software which powers the auto-reinvesting feature for other players
- Miners are then paid 1% of the value they helped to reinvest (from the contract, not the player) to process the auto-reinvests for other players
Any player can choose to become a miner, and this is how automatic upgrades work behind the scenes! It's important to note that all fees paid to miners come from the contract and are not paid by the player triggering the auto-reinvest.
2.6 Promotion and Advertising
If players are recruited into the game by promoters, the promoters are actively rewarded for all revenue you bring to the project:
- Each player gets an instant dynamic percentage of all revenues into the game through any players they bring into the game
- Players that refer other players to the game get a cut of all revenues brought into the game by those players they referred, as well as all the players referred by those players, et al. You get credit for every single transaction of everyone you helped bring to the game, both directly and indirectly.
- Anyone, at any time, has just as much opportunity to earn from promotions as someone who started day one. This is all while remembering the infinite depth of the blockchain’s memory, allowing promoters as many tiers as necessary.
- The relevance system ensures that as players become less relevant to the people they brought to the project, they earn less and less of the revenue. If you start promoting again though, adding new branches to the promotion tree, you will once again increase your relevance.
- Team JUST members leverage the same promotion system as everyone else, no special access is granted to them, and their relevance as promoters will naturally fade over time as more promoters enter the system.
Players receive loyalty for every single box purchased, which is then able to be spent as increased buying power in future rounds:
- Loyalty is a statistic that tracks how good you are at buying boxes. The better you are at buying boxes, the more loyalty you have accumulated.
- Loyalty stacks up continuously and is spent when you purchase boxes in future rounds following the one in which it was earned. Loyalty is spent for you as available to double the amount of boxes you purchase for the price until spent.
- These extra free gifts themselves also earn you even more loyalty, doubling upon itself. For every round of the game you play, you can earn twice as many boxes as the last, without ever having to invest more.
2.8 The Glitch
As the timer counts down and gets closer to zero, special events will happen at several different time thresholds which will increase the value further for all unopened giftboxes:
- Once the timelock timer drops low enough, the glitch can occur multiple times within a single round
- Every unopened box you own increases in value by the glitch’s prize size divided by the number of unopened boxes that exist
- Each glitch event empties the glitch rewards and sets up a trigger for the next
- For each glitch event that occurs, there is a significant dynamic discount applied to all new boxes, making them even cheaper to acquire. This discount applies for all boxes including through reinvests.
🎥 Prefer to watch? Check out this video explainer on the Glitch by user
I would definitely appreciate if you purchase giftboxes using my promoter link. Thanks for reading! Reach out to me anytime on Discord